Welcome to 2020!
Flinders University Hockey Club has an exciting year in store and planning is well underway for our 2020 winter season.
Our teams for 2020:
M2M, M5M, M6M & M1W, M3W, M5W
Congratulations to our M2M for being promoted into a higher division!
If you, or someone you know is interested in coaching, managing or helping out with any of our teams, please get in contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss - fee discounts are available for coaching positions.
Position available - unfilled at our AGM
We are still looking for an umpiring coordinator for 2020. Alex Lovell will be concentrating on his exams this year and is looking to hand over the reins! Please contact email@example.com for more information - discounted fees are available.
AGM office bearers have been updated and updated on our website: https://flindershockey.org/committee
Do you work in, or know of a business that would be interested in sponsoring Flinders in the 2020 season? We will soon release a list of tiered sponsorship packages that will provide great promotions, visibility and community engagement. Sponsorship benefits include co-branding on social media, promotion at events, invites to club events and names awards.
Sponsorship will go towards club growth including juniors, coaching staff, equipment and allow us to better negotiate things like training times, umpires and team management in the future.
Please contact Gavin Benda at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Some important upcoming dates:
O'Week: Monday February 24 to Wednesday February 26
- Come along and say hi between 9:30 and 3pm at our stall at the university.
- Please contact Claire [email@example.com or via FB] if you are available and interested in helping out on the stall.
Come & Try Day: Saturday February 29
- A great success last year, we will again be holding this event as well as a pre-season house party to welcome interested new players.
- Please contact Alice Hiscock or Sigrid Schumacher via FB if you are interested in helping out or have a house suitable for drinks after.
Riverland trip: Friday March 20 to Sunday March 22
- Look out for your FB invite to this great club and team bonding event. Bigger and better than 2018 and 2019.
Trainings:these will start 4-5 weeks before the season.
- We have been in discussions with AUHC over the summer regarding training times this year- at present we have been offered Monday evenings [6:30-8] and Thursday nights [8:30-9:30] We are looking at all available pitches and will finalise training arrangements at the next committee meeting on 12/2/19. [Fees will also be set at this meeting; we are not anticipating significant changes to our fee structure.]
- Before decisions are made, all options will be communicated to members via our closed Facebook group and feedback welcomed.
- We are anticipating some exciting developments for training in 2021 - while the above is not ideal, it should be a temporary arrangement.
Season starting dates:
M2-M6 -April 4
M1W -April 18
We will forward the season fixture to all club members as soon as it is released by Hockey SA.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
The FUHC Committee
2020 Season and COVID-19
Flinders are excited that Hockey SA has been able to fixture a slightly shortened season for 2020, d...Read More
Welcome to 2020!
Flinders University Hockey Club has an exciting year in store and planning is well underway for our...Read More
2020: Happy New Year from FUHC
Flinders Uni HC wishes all of our members and supporters a Happy New Year - looking forward to a hap...Read More
2019 Flinders University Sports Awards at Flinders University
Every year, Flinders University recognises the efforts of its many sporting teams. This year, we are...Read More
2019: FUHC Presentation Day
The 2019 FUHC Presentation day was a great success. We great company, games, food. weather and a pho...Read More
Reminder 2019: FUHC Presentation Night
A quick reminder that our Presentation Day is fast approaching - only a fortnight to go! Friday 11th...Read More
2019 Premiers: Metro 3 Men
The Flinders Uni Metro 3 Mens have taken gold for the 2019 season, making them back to back premiers...Read More
2019 saw another fantastic trip with our friends down at Renmark. The day was filled with four great...Read More
Welcome to the 2019 season!
Welcome to the 2019 season! A few updates for upcoming events before matches start in April. AG...Read More